GAHP is working with the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) on implementing the Environmental Pollution Programme (EPP) in Vietnam.
Through the EPP, GAHP is working with the Vietnam Association for the Conservation of Nature and Environment (VACNE) and the Rainforest Alliance to protect the health of people and the environment from the unsafe agricultural practices of open burning and pesticide use. The project’s objectives are to:
- Develop a knowledge base on open burning and pesticides use and associated health and environmental impacts
- Research alternatives to open-burning practices and use of pesticides
- Educate target groups about health and environmental impacts of open-burning practices and pesticides
- Develop and promote policies to reduce impacts of open-burning practices and pesticides
- Analyse the possibility of replicating project achievements in other countries.